‘Super Mario’ Balotelli in hot water again over speeding

Tag: 夜上海ysh论坛

first_imgMedia reports claimed Balotelli had been doing up to 200kmh but had escaped with a fine and five penalty points because he had only been registered at 170kmh.The police confirmed the star had been caught and fined, along with the Lamborghini driver, but described accounts of the incident as “exaggerated”.They would not divulge how fast Balotelli had been going but said he had been allowed to continue his journey after paying his fine and having five penalty points registered on his licence.Balotelli racked up no fewer than 18 fines for mostly speeding offences in the space of two years in Italy in 2012 and 2013, often on the same A4 road.In 2015, when he was playing for Liverpool, he was banned from driving for 28 days after being clocked driving at 109mph (175kmh) on the M62 motorway in northern England.A Vicenza police spokesman said that, in contrast to some of his previous encounters with traffic police, Balotelli had apologised and calmly accepted his punishment.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Former Manchester City and Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli now plays for French club Nice © AFP/File / VALERY HACHEROME, Italy, Aug 8 – Mario Balotelli has again been caught speeding in his Ferrari, police told AFP Tuesday as media reports claimed the striker had been caught doing 170-200kmh (105-125mph) in a race with a friend’s Lamborghini.The former Manchester City and Liverpool striker, now at French club Nice, was stopped by a highway patrol on the A4 highway near the northern Italian town of Vicenza on Saturday, a local officer told AFP.last_img read more


Tag: 夜上海ysh论坛

first_img9 November 2011President Jacob Zuma, speaking at the launch of the Masibambisane Rural Development Initiative in Mkhondo local municipality in Mpumalanga province on Sunday, urged emerging farmers to use their farms to help create jobs and alleviate poverty in the country.He told community members that through agricultural projects initiated in the area, people could get jobs and poverty could be alleviated.“If you stand firm and make sure that these projects don’t fail in your hands, poverty can be alleviated and job creation can be high,” Zuma said. “We need to wake up and do things ourselves. Government is here to help you. People must not rely on [social] grants for a living when they have land.”Zuma co-founded the nationwide Masibambisane Rural Development Initiative with KwaZulu-Natal businessman Daebo Mzobe.On Sunday, he visited various agricultural projects that fall under the initiative around Piet Retief, handed over five houses, and also handed over the newly built Ezakheni Combined Boarding School in Donkerhoek. The school will accommodate children from child-headed families.‘Let the supermarkets buy from them’Zuma was accompanied by Public Enterprises Minister Malusi Gigaba, Public Works Minister Thulas Nxesi and Mpumalanga Premier David Mabuza.He promised that offices of the Masibambisane Rural Development Initiative would be built in Mpumalanga soon.“We have taken a resolution to build offices here in Mpumalanga, where Mpumalanga people can access them easily. We want people, including businessmen, to volunteer and boost projects in their communities.“We do not want the community to buy food from supermarkets, but let the supermarkets buy from them.”Mabuza promised that his administration would support the Masibambisane famers by buying food from them.“We will make sure that to sustain these projects, as government, we will buy food and vegetables for schools, hospitals and other government institutions. We will also help process them,” Mabuza said.Five houses handed overA recipient of one of the five houses handed over by Zuma at eThandakukhanya township, Nelisiwe Mbokazi, 37, who cares for 10 children, including six of her own, couldn’t hide her joy when she stepped into the solar-powered house.“This is something I will never forget in my life. I’ve been staying in a shack all my life, but having Zuma give me this house has changed all our lives,” she said. Mbokazi’s house was fully-furnished.Gigaba told the community that his department would spend R1-million electrifying 63 houses in eThandakukhanya township.He said R300 000 would also be spent electrifying agricultural projects that have been initiated in the area to boost their irrigation.“All the aforesaid help, especially the electrification of the houses, will start this week,” Gigaba said.Source: BuaNewslast_img read more


Tag: 夜上海ysh论坛

first_imgThe police on Friday filed a chargesheet against eight people, including an Uttar Pradesh resident, for colluding in the Lashkar-e-Taiba attack on the police in June 2017, which left six policemen dead.“Based on the disclosures of U.P. resident Sandeep Kumar Sharma, an accused in the case, who was arrested from an encounter site on July 1, 2017 where two militants were killed, the investigators cracked the case,” said the police.Sharma, son of Ram Kumar, a resident of Muzaffarnagar, faces charges under Sections 302, 397, 326, 427, 120-B RPC, 7/27 Arms Act 16,18, 20 and 40 of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act. The other accused were identified as Mohammad Ashraf Wani alias Molvi of Brenti Dailgam, Khurshid Ahmad Ganie of Brenti Dailgam, Mehraj-ud-Din Bangroo alias Asif of Narparistan, Sahir Ahmad Makroo of Arwani Bijbehara, Zeenat-ul-Islam alias Zeeshan of Sugan Shopian, Bashir Ahmad Wani alias Lashkari of Soaf Shali Kokernag and Abu Maz, a foreign terrorist from Pakistan.Wani and Maz were killed in an encounter last year.Main accusedAccording to the Special Investigation Team (SIT), Lashkari “was the main accused and was involved in the attack.”The police said Station House Officer Feroz Ahmad, who was killed in the attack, “was at the forefront of anti-militancy operations in the area” and was ambushed in Thajiwara village on the outskirts of Anantnag town.last_img read more