PARENTS APPEAR IN COURT FOR FAILING TO SEND CHILDREN TO SCHOOL

Tag: 夜上海419龙凤

first_imgThe parents of four families who failed to have their children attend school regularly have appeared in court.Kids failed to turn up for classThey pleaded guilty to “failing to cause a pupil to attend schools” after charges were brought by the Child and Family Agency. The parents appeared at Letterkenny District Court.The court heard that charges related to ten children failing to attended two secondary and two nationals schools on dates in September and May 2014.The parents was charged for failure to attend a number of schools including Loreto Convent, Scoil Mhuire Gan Smal, St Eunan’s College and Scoil Cholmcille.The children involved ranged in age from eight to 14.The court heard that the children had been “absent more than they were present” but there has been “dramatic improvements” in attendance recently.Judge Paul Kelly adjourned sentencing to June 2.PARENTS APPEAR IN COURT FOR FAILING TO SEND CHILDREN TO SCHOOL was last modified: February 5th, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:courtJUDGEletterkennyPARENTSSCHOOLlast_img read more


Tag: 夜上海419龙凤

first_imgMoville Community College will play host to a unique and exciting community event when the award-winning  Sligo Global Kitchen travels to the town to provide an open buffet feast from 3pm to 5pm.Featuring delicacies from around the world, the lively programme of entertainment will provide music from Africa and Inishowen.Sligo Global Kitchen – which won a prestigious Irish Food Writers Guild award in 2018 for its communal monthly meals at The Model art gallery in Sligo town – is an initiative that brings together people who are living in Globe House direct provision centre to prepare and serve dishes from their own cultures and traditions to share with the whole community. Head Chef Mabel Chah expressed her delight at the partnership with Moville Community College, the Department of Justice, Fáilte Inishowen and Inishowen Together that has come together to “bring the feast to the neighbours” in Moville.“This will be a day of food, fun, laughter and connections,” said Mabel. “We are really excited to be presenting an adventurous and colourful menu from Guatemala, Syria and France; and from Western, Northern and Southern Africa. Everyone is welcome and it promises to be a great occasion.”Among those cooking on the day will be Carndonagh’s finest Syrian chefs, Feras and Asmaa. Mabel herself will be sharing typical Cameroonian cuisine – and joining local Inishowen musicians Ruth McCartney and Siobhan Sheils in a world music performance that promises to be a magical addition to the day.Musician and organiser on the day with Inishowen Together, Siobhan Shiels said: “I am overjoyed at the prospect of the event and sharing in some delicious food, while meeting with people from around the world all under one roof.” She added: “The preparations are well under way. Moville Community College has been amazing especially Colleen Cooney, the home economics teacher in the school. They have thought of everything – and it’s amazing to see the students stepping up as volunteers to help out with running the event. I’m really looking forward to performing songs from around the world with Mabel and Ruth McCartney, too.”Tracy Cullen of Fáilte Inishowen, and Independent candidate in the local council election in North Inishowen, spoke of her excitement about the event: “I’m so glad to be part of this celebration of food and community here in Moville – it will be all about breaking down barriers and learning from the Sligo direct provision residents how we can be good neighbours to the people who will be arriving to live in Caiseal Mara in the coming months.“I’m really looking forward to volunteering on the day – and to tasting new and delicious dishes. This will be a lovely event for families to enjoy on a Sunday afternoon.”Inishowen Together volunteer and Independent candidate for South Inishowen, Sinéad Stewart said: “This is a great initiative to be part of.“Inishowen is a welcoming place and we need to really build that spirit in the wake of last year’s unrepresentative acts of fear and violence. “Sunday will be an opportunity for people to come together and experience that we’re all just people – and that people living in direct provision have a lot to offer our society and community, including some absolutely amazing food and beautiful music on this occasion!”Donations are accepted at the event in Moville Community College tomorrow afternoon.Everyone is welcome to join the feast.Moville set to host award-winning Sligo Global Kitchen this weekend was last modified: April 27th, 2019 by Shaun KeenanShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more


Tag: 夜上海419龙凤

first_imgThe Allahabad High Court on Friday directed the Uttar Pradesh government to start issuing fresh licences and no-objection certificates (NOCs) to meat traders in the State while also renewing existing licences. The court also rejected the State’s contention that ensuring the functioning and modernisation of slaughterhouses was not its responsibility and said the responsibility for constructing slaughterhouses lay with the local municipal corporations. It also said the State could not prevent people from eating meat.Order on PIL pleasA Lucknow Division Bench of Justices A.P Shahi and Sanjai Harkauli passed the interim order while hearing a bunch of 27 PIL petitions filed against the blanket shutting down of slaughterhouses and meat shops in the State after the BJP came to power in March.The court also directed the State to file its reply by July 17, the next date of hearing, and apprise it of the steps taken to find a solution to the issue of slaughterhouses and meat shops. The court said it was giving the State “ample time” to “gear up its machinery for taking positive action in the matter.”The court directed the concerned departments of the State and local bodies to renew the licenses of slaughterhouses and also issue licences based on prescribed norms. The local bodies will obliged to consider and grant No Objection Certificates as and where required under the 2011 Regulations, it said.Allow lawful activity“The inaction of the State Government in the past should not be a shield for imposing a state of almost prohibition. To provide an immediate check on unlawful activity should be simultaneous with facilitating the carrying of lawful activity, particularly that relating to food, food habits and vending thereof that is undisputedly connected with the right to life and livelihood,” the court said it its order.The court also directed the State to circulate the order among all Divisional Commissioners and District Magistrates in the State as well as local bodies so that they can provide all material to the State for implementation of the policy and removal of all obstacles.Soon after coming to power, the Yogi Adityanath government had directed administrative and police authorities to shut down or seal slaughterhouses in the State which according to it were running unlawfully or were unregistered. However, with the abattoirs, the State also shut down meat shops, throwing thousands of livelihoods into crisis. Those involved in the trade had argued that the action was arbitrary and violated their right to livelihood.The State had contended that it was under no obligation to construct slaughter houses or make provisions for them and was merely acting against illegal setups in accordance with the norms of the National Green Tribunal (NGT). V. K Singh, counsel for the meat traders, said the court’s order was a clear “rejection” of the State’s stand.last_img read more


Tag: 夜上海419龙凤

first_imgThe Assam government has sent a proposal to the Centre for fast-tracking the establishment of 10 detention centres across the State to house people who would be excluded from the final National Register of Citizens (NRC).The Supreme Court-monitored register, being updated on the basis of its 1951 avatar, has to be published by July 31.Officials said each of the 10 new centres would accommodate an estimated 3,000 people. This implies the government has plans for at least 60,000 people among a few lakh expected to be excluded from the NRC. NRC exclusionAbout 40.07 lakh people out of 3.29 crore applicants had been excluded from the draft NRC published on July 30, 2018. Another 1.02 lakh people were removed from the draft list of citizens on June 26.The excluded have been given an opportunity to file claims for reinclusion in the NRC. “We have sent the proposal for 10 new centres in various places for NRC-excluded people,” Kumar Sanjay Krishna, Assam’s Additional Chief Secretary (Home and Political) told The Hindu on Wednesday. As per the blueprint, a detention centre each would be established in Barpeta, Dima Hasao, Goalpara, Kamrup (Metropolitan), Karimganj, Lakhimpur, Nagaon, Nalbari, Sivasagar, and Sonitpur districts.Mr. Krishna also said a full-fledged detention centre was being readied in Goalpara district for declared foreigners presently lodged across six central jails in the State. The Supreme Court had ordered the State government not to club declared foreigners with criminals in jails. The Assam government had three years ago allotted 20 bighas of land for this detention centre in the Dakurbhita area of Goalpara district. Constructed by the Assam Police Housing Corporation Ltd. at a cost of ₹37 crore, the centre is expected to be inaugurated in October.Envisaging law and order issues after July 31, the deadline given by the Supreme Court to publish the final NRC, the State Home Department has organised a series of meetings from July 12-23 across six divisions of Assam.Heads of administration, police and intelligence agencies of the districts under each division have been asked to attend the meetings to be held in Tezpur, Nagaon, Jorhat, Silchar, Bongaigaon, and Guwahati. The Bharatiya Gorkha Parisangha (BGP) has suggested that the Ministry of Home Affairs and the Election Commission of India should adopt a mechanism to solve the issue of ‘D’, or doubtful voters for a free and fair NRC in Assam.“We met Prateek Hajela, the State Coordinator for NRC on Tuesday,” said Nanda Kirati Dewan, the BGP’s National Secretary. “He made it clear that NRC cannot reconsider the cases of people marked D-voter even if he or she has sufficient linkage documents and the legacy person [one whose lineage is claimed] or other family members are not D-voters,” Mr. Dewan added. “Data suggest that most cases of exclusion are either of D-voter, cases pending at a Foreigners’ Tribunal (FT), declared foreigner or instances of mismatch in legacy data. But there are many marked D-voters without any case referred to the Assam Police’s border wing or any FT. The Centre should come up with a mechanism to screen such cases and issue a D-Voter Clearance Certificate to the person concerned for ending unnecessary harassment,” Mr. Dewan suggested.last_img read more


Tag: 夜上海419龙凤

first_imgMissing six of its first eight shots, Gilas’ lackluster start saw the visitors run to a 20-4 lead before Ravena turned the tide and ignited a 17-2 blast to close the gap, 22-21, at the end of the first quarter.Rosario kept that flame burning in the second quarter as the Philippines staged a 20-4 run to grab a 41-26 lead. Makoto Hiejima and Ira Brown conspired to help the Japanese recover and pull within two, 43-41, before Rosario ended the first half with a booming triple for a 46-41 halftime edge.Blatche finally played true to form in the third frame, keeping Gilas in front before Castro and Calvin Abueva picked up the slack late and give the home team a 72-61 lead at the end of the period.Gilas Pilipinas faces Chinese Taipei in Taiwan on June 29, before seeking retribution against Australia at Philippine Arena on July 2 to wrap up the first round of the Asian qualifiers.Hiejima paced winless Japan (0-4) with 23 points, four rebounds, two assists, and two blocks, while Brown got 16 markers and eight boards.ADVERTISEMENT Google honors food scientist, banana ketchup inventor and war hero Maria Orosa Pussycat Dolls set for reunion tour after 10-year hiatus Read Next Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Families in US enclave in north Mexico hold sad Thanksgiving LOOK: Iya Villania meets ‘Jumanji: The Next Level’ cast in Mexico NU sustains dominance, beats UST Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university PLAY LIST 01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City LATEST STORIES The Scores:PHILIPPINES 89 — Blatche 18, Rosario 14, Ravena 13, Abueva 8, Castro William 8, Norwood 8, Fajardo 7, Pogoy 6, Aguilar 5, Jalalon 2, Wright 0.JAPAN 84 — Hiejima 23, Brown 16, Tanaka 12, Shinoyama 9, Tsuji 8, Ota 6, Takeuchi 5, Uto 3, Harimoto 2, Furukawa 0, Hashimoto 0, Nagayoshi 0.Quarters: 21-22, 46-41, 72-61, 89-84. Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC MOST READ John Lloyd Cruz a dashing guest at Vhong Navarro’s wedding AFP official booed out of forum Photo by Tristan Tamayo/ INQUIRER.netJayson Castro made the game-sealing floater with 10.6 seconds left as Gilas Pilipinas bounced back with an 89-84 win over Japan Sunday in the 2019 Fiba World Cup Asian qualifiers at Mall of Asia Arena.The Philippines lost a 15-point lead but denied the visitors the upset behind Castro and Andray Blatche, who split his charities with 5.5 ticks remaining.ADVERTISEMENT The Filipinos rose to 3-1 in Group B of the first round of the qualifiers, sweeping Japan in their home-and-away series and clinched a spot in the second round.Blatche had his best outing to date in the World Cup qualifiers, finishing with 18 points, 16 rebounds, four assists, two steals, and a block in 30 minutes of play.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSLillard, Anthony lead Blazers over ThunderSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutTroy Rosario also had a triumphant return, firing 14 markers on 2-of-4 shooting from three and grabbing four boards, while Kiefer Ravena provided the spark 13 points, two rebounds, five assists and two steals.Castro, who returned to the lineup after missing the game against Australia due to an ankle sprain, had all of his eight markers in the second half. View commentslast_img read more