Mourinho’s time runs out at Chelsea

Tag: 南京龙凤论坛1314

first_img “The club wishes to make clear Jose leaves us on good terms and will always remain a much-loved, respected and significant figure at Chelsea. His legacy at Stamford Bridge and in England has long been guaranteed and he will always be warmly welcomed back to Stamford Bridge.” Throughout weeks of turmoil, Mourinho retained the support of fans who loyally chanted his name. There was no immediate announcement about a replacement ahead of tomorrow’s home match against Sunderland. “The club’s focus is now on ensuring our talented squad reaches its potential,” Chelsea said. First hired by Chelsea in 2004, the Portuguese coach ended a 50-year league-title drought and defended the trophy among other successes before losing a power struggle three years later with Abramovich. He was brought back in 2013 by Abramovich in an attempt to restore unity to the club following the divisiveness caused by the appointment of Rafa Benitez as interim manager, who was regularly jeered by fans. Mourinho presented himself as a figure transformed from the fiery character who fell out with Abramovich in 2007, but it was not long before the combativeness returned. He survived a first trophyless season back at Stamford Bridge before cruising to the title in May. “All at Chelsea thank Jose for his immense contribution since he returned as manager in the summer of 2013,” Chelsea said. “His three league titles, FA Cup, Community Shield and three League Cup wins over two spells make him the most successful manager in our 110-year history.” STILL ON GOOD TERMS LONDON (AP): Jose Mourinho’s second spell at Chelsea ended prematurely Thursday with the team in decline only seven months after the Portuguese coach won his third Premier League title with the club. Although Chelsea are only one point above the relegation zone, the 52-year-old Mourinho had been defiantly insisting he was the right man to oversee the team even as it collapsed on the field with a succession of humiliations. Mourinho’s departure, characterised by Chelsea as “mutual”, came two and a half years after his return to Stamford Bridge and only four months into a new four-year contract. The worst-ever start for a defending champion team in the Premier League was compounded on Monday by a 2-1 loss at surprise leaders Leicester. After the match, Mourinho said he was “betrayed” by his players. The personal conduct of the self-styled ‘Special One’ was also proving damaging to Chelsea, with Mourinho engaging in public spats with referees, a television-rights holder and even the club’s doctor over the last year. Chelsea are engaged in an ongoing legal battle with Dr Eva Carneiro after she was publicly criticised and then demoted following Mourinho’s opening-day outburst. Now it is Mourinho leaving Chelsea, with Russian billionaire owner Roman Abramovich preparing for his 10th managerial appointment since buying the team in 2003 and transforming its fortunes with a huge injection of cash. “Both Jose and the board agreed results have not been good enough this season and believe it is in the best interests of both parties to go our separate ways,” Chelsea said in a statement.last_img read more


Tag: 南京龙凤论坛1314

first_imgTransfers Real Madrid target Lautaro Martinez admits ongoing talks with Inter Micaela Cannataro 05:00 2/1/18 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments(0) Lautaro Martinez Racing Club 31012018 Goal Transfers Internazionale Racing Club v Huracán Huracán Racing Club Real Madrid Superliga The 20-year-old is one of Argentina’s hottest prospects, and the Nerazzurri have now entered the race to seal his signature Racing Club wonderkid Lautaro Martinez has affirmed that his agents are in talks over a prospective move to Inter, while insisting that the final decision lies with him. Martinez’s ability in front of goal has seen him linked with some of Europe’s biggest clubs over the last 12 months. He was reportedly close to a move to Atletico Madrid in January prior to signing a new contract, while last week he admitted contact had been made by Real.  Article continues below Editors’ Picks Lyon treble & England heartbreak: The full story behind Lucy Bronze’s dramatic 2019 Liverpool v Man City is now the league’s biggest rivalry and the bitterness is growing Megan Rapinoe: Born & brilliant in the U.S.A. A Liverpool legend in the making: Behind Virgil van Dijk’s remarkable rise to world’s best player According to the striker, however, he may now follow in Racing sporting director Diego Milito’s footsteps and play at San Siro. “Right now my representatives are in Italy talking to Inter’s people,” he explained to Goal. “They take care of that, I don’t know. I am aware of what is being discussed but I am thinking about my club. “Now I am part of a big club like Racing and I have a huge responsibility. Tomorrow we will see. “There are lots of offers and they will all be evaluated, to see which is the best option.” The deal signed by Martinez raised his release clause to $20 million, and he reiterated his desire to stay at Racing at least until the end of the Avellaneda club’s Copa Libertadores run.”It is 100 per cent [my decision]. I am the one who will decide where I play, where I want to be, what I want, my representatives know that, I have made that clear ever since they started working for me,” he added. “My family is always with me and they support me in my decisions.”Martinez, 20, was one of the stars of the Argentina Under-20 team last year as they competed in the South American Championships and World Cup, and has been tipped as a possible surprise inclusion in Jorge Sampaoli’s Russia squad.last_img read more


Tag: 南京龙凤论坛1314

first_imgCanadian talent nominated at the 89th Academy AwardsHoward Barish, co-producer (13th), Documentary (Feature)Sylvain Bellemare (Arrival), Sound EditingBernard Gariépy Strobl and Claude La Haye (Arrival), Sound MixingRyan Gosling (La La Land), Actor in a Leading RoleShawn Levy, co-producer (Arrival), Best PictureTheodore Ushev (Blind Vaysha), Short Film (Animated), National Film Board of CanadaPatrice Vermette (Arrival), Production DesignDenis Villeneuve (Arrival), DirectingAbout Telefilm Canada—Inspired by talent. Viewed everywhere.Celebrating 50 years in 2017, Telefilm is dedicated to the cultural, commercial and industrial success of Canada’s audiovisual industry. Through funding and promotion programs, Telefilm supports dynamic companies and creative talent at home and around the world. Telefilm also makes recommendations regarding the certification of audiovisual treaty coproductions to the Minister of Canadian Heritage, and administers the programs of the Canada Media Fund. Launched in 2013, the Talent Fund accepts private donations to principally support emerging talent. Visit telefilm.ca and follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/telefilm_canada and on Facebook at facebook.com/telefilmcanada. Facebook “On behalf of everyone at Telefilm Canada, I’d like to extend my heartfelt congratulations to all of this year’s Canadian Oscar nominees. This recognition of Canadian talent and creativity shines brightly on the world stage,” said Carolle Brabant, Executive Director, Telefilm Canada.“Over the last 50 years, Telefilm Canada has grown with the Canadian audiovisual industry, which has matured into a vital sector of activity at home and abroad. We are proud of the talent that our industry has developed, and continues to develop, as today’s Oscar nominations clearly demonstrates.“Canadians around the country have much to be proud of today and I wish the very best of luck to all the Canadians who are in the running for an Oscar this year.” Advertisement Login/Register With: Advertisement LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment Advertisement Twitterlast_img read more