‘Dues of cane farmers will be paid soon’

Tag: 南京论坛

first_imgUttar Pradesh Cane Development Minister Suresh Rana said on Monday that the State will ensure the entire cane arrears of around ₹10,000 crore are paid to farmers before the start of the new season from October. A proposal to provide ₹5,535 crore for the purpose of clearing cane dues of both cooperative and private sector will be placed before the Cabinet in the coming week, he said. Sugarcane crushing season in Uttar Pradesh, the country’s leading sugar producing State, starts from October 20 and continues till November 5. “Cane arrears have come down to around ₹10,000 crore. We have kept a target to bring the dues to zero before the start of the new season from October 20,” Mr. Rana told reporters on the sidelines of 59th annual general meeting of the National Federation of Sugar Factories Ltd here. The State government will place a Cabinet proposal seeking approval of ₹5,535 crore funds, which was allocated in the State budget for sugar sector, he said. As per the proposal, Mr. Rana said the State government will provide ₹1,010 crore to cooperative mills, ₹25 crore to a state mill and ₹500 crore to private mills for direct payment of cane dues.Soft loan Another ₹4,000 crore will be made available through a soft loan to private mills for clearing cane payment. The modality of the soft loan is being worked out, he added. He did not elaborate further. Earlier speaking at the AGM, he said the State government is committed towards cane growers.last_img read more


Tag: 南京论坛

first_imgTwo brothers, residents of Gurugram, were arrested by the on Tuesday night for allegedly duping a resident of Delhi running a business in Noida in 2009, the police said on Wednesday.The police said that the accused, Amit and Aman Sayal, had duped the victim of more than ₹2 crore on the pretext of selling him a property, which was not even registered in their name.“They had provided the victim, Sudhir Gupta, with fake documents pertaining to the property. The victim owned a property in Sector 6 and had showed interest in an adjacent property, which the accused claimed to own,” said Manoj Kumar Pant, Station House Officer, Sector 20 police station.The police said that the victim paid the amount to the accused in instalments and was also provided with fake ownership documents. However, when the victim went to the Noida Authority to complete the registration, they found that the property was not owned by the accused.“A case had been registered in this regard and and a non-bailable warrant was issued for the accused by the district court,” said a senior police officer.The police also said that the accused had been involved in cases of fraud. About 37 cases have been identified so far against them all over India, including Hyderabad, Mumbai, Delhi, Gujarat. The police also said that whenever the victims would approach the accused and demand their money back they would get assaulted by bouncers.last_img read more


Tag: 南京论坛

first_imgEthel Booba on hotel’s clarification that ‘kikiam’ is ‘chicken sausage’: ‘Kung di pa pansinin, baka isipin nila ok lang’ LATEST STORIES “There has been a lot of trash talkers (through his career) and at the end of the day, he’s not bad.“We will rate him number two, I’m number one. He’s got heart. You need more guys to be more aggressive to each other, do more trash talking to each other.”By day four in London, some of the lines had already been heard, but not that the estimated crowd of 10,000 at the SSE Arena cared much. They lapped it up and cheered, but only for McGregor.Mayweather, a five-weight world boxing champion who knocked out Briton Ricky Hatton in 2007, was booed loudly by the fans, many of whom were Irish, and he could barely be heard.The pair met on a makeshift stage, a boxing ring, in the middle of the venue.“This is my first time in a boxing ring, and in six weeks I run boxing,” said McGregor.“Four years ago I fought in front of 400 people. Now I get to quadruple my met worth for half a fight.”At one point McGregor walked behind Mayweather and rubbed his head, before calling him a “bald” profanity and then throwing the microphone in the air.Their fight could be the richest in boxing history, making more than the $623.5 million generated by Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao in May 2015.Mayweather, who has earned approximately $700 million in his boxing career according to Forbes magazine, is the best boxer of his generation and has won world titles in five weight classes and is looking to extend his unbeaten record to 50-0. McGregor, a UFC featherweight and lightweight champion, has never had a professional bout and is a big betting underdog, but can still expect to make $100million from the fight.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Hotel says PH coach apologized for ‘kikiam for breakfast’ claim The pair meet in a light-middleweight boxing contest at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on August 26 in what could be boxing’s richest ever fight.But the event has received some negative publicity since McGregor said to Mayweather at a press conference in Los Angeles on Tuesday, “Dance for me, boy”.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSWin or don’t eat: the Philippines’ poverty-driven, world-beating pool stars“If he feels disrespected he’s an idiot and **** him as well,” McGregor told reporters at a press conference.“I think it’s ****ing ridiculous. I don’t understand it. I know who I am as a person. Most realistic people can see that. He’s trying to sway something by (saying I’m) disrespecting women.” Trump strips away truth with hunky topless photo tweet FEU Auditorium’s 70th year celebrated with FEU Theater Guild’s ‘The Dreamweavers’ MOST READ Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss PLAY LIST 02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Gamescenter_img Wipeout But Mayweather, 40, was just as guilty as McGregor in using insulting terms for women on Friday.Their latest trash-talking exchange was full of profanities and insults, just like the previous events in New York, Toronto and Los Angeles.READ: Mayweather, McGregor take trash-talk tour to New YorkBoth claimed victory in the war of words.“I smoked him in all four rounds,” McGregor said.“In the first round, they set me up with no music or anything. The **** you suit I wore went viral. Toronto was a wipeout, a 10-7 round, and New York was alright, and tonight I smoked him so it’s 4-0, or 3-1 if you want to be generous.”But Mayweather, who has not fought since September 2015, believes he got the better of McGregor.“I’m the best at it, when it comes to trash talking,” Mayweather said.“He’s not able to push my buttons. He cannot out talk me. National Coffee Research Development and Extension Center brews the 2nd National Coffee Education Congress Before going on stage in London, American Mayweather criticized McGregor for what he perceived were racists comments made by the Irishman.“Racism still exists,” said Mayweather.“I’ve got a diverse team. It’s all about treating people how you want to be treated. You have to give respect to give it back.“He totally disrespected black women, he called black people monkeys and he was disrespectful to my (13-year-old) daughter.“I’m not going to stoop that low to talk about his wife or child. There’s certain levels and you don’t stoop to or cross. I love everyone.”ADVERTISEMENT Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’ El Nido residents told to vacate beach homes Irish boxer Connor McGregor, background, touches US boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr on the head, during a press conference to promote their upcoming fight, at the SSE Arena, in Wembley, London, Friday July 14, 2017. (Scott Heavey/PA via AP)LONDON—Conor McGregor celebrated his 29th birthday by defending himself against accusations of racism during a media tour to promote his fight with Floyd Mayweather in London on Friday.The Irish mixed martial arts fighter went on the defensive at the fourth press conference in as many days with American Mayweather at the SSE Arena, Wembley.ADVERTISEMENT Horn wants to set record straight a second time Church, environmentalists ask DENR to revoke ECC of Quezon province coal plant View commentslast_img read more